Starring Sharwanand, Anupama Parameswaran, Prakash Raj, Jayasudha, Naresh, Indraja, Raja Ravindra, Sijju, Satish, Praveen, Mahesh Achanta
Directed by Satish Vegesna
Produced by Dil Raju
Music by Micky J Mayer
Cinematography by Sameer Reddy
Edited by Madhu
Production company : Sri Venkateswara Creations
Release date 14 January 2017
Genre : Family Drama
Movies sets in a backdrop of a small village named Atryepuram, Prakash Raj and Jayasudha are the old couple, their children live abroad. Sharwanand is their grandson lives along with them. On the eve of Sankranti Jayasudha wishes to see their children. So Prakash Raj plots a plan and makes their children to come back India. Meanwhile Anupama Parameswaran who is granddaughter of Prakash Raj comes from Australia falls in love with Sharwanand. Twist in the tale arises when Jayasudha comes to know about the trick that Prakash Raj penned to bring down their children and the disturbances come in between the old couple. How they ended up happily will frame the rest of the story with all ingredients of festival values, Emotions and love.
- Movie has a very cool visuals which remembers us the Sankranthi Festival that we used to celebrate in our villages
- Sharwanand and Anupama Parameswaran Chemistry worked well, They both made a cute couple and performed well.
- Songs were good and Picturized Well
- Movie has a good emotional content with message for all those who are staying away from their parents in US
- Cinematography is good
- Dubsmash episode played in the film brought some laughs
- Some of the scenes looks predictable
- At some point we feel like movie is little bit dragging
- No major twists in the tale, Movie runs in plain mode
- Some scnes between Prakash Raj and Jayasudha in second half seems like boring
Shatamanam Bhavathi is a perfect Sankranthi entertainer which was released at right time. Movie has some emotional content and human values that can be learnt by the people who are living abroad and Cities and forgetting the culture and tradition of Sankranthi festival. On a whole note this is a must watch family entertainer film for this Sankranthi.
Rating : 3.5/5